By Lynn Byrne. Yahoo, its Friday. Even though it was a “short” week due to the July 4th holiday, the extreme heat in New York made the time drag. If you (like I am) are expecting rain this weekend, perhaps you will have the time to check these links out.
1. Here is a fabulous DIY chandelier update brought to us by Young House Love blog. Go ahead, click and see the before and how this easy transformation came about. The chandelier copies a $700+ look for relative pennies.
2. Making It Lovely blog often does “mood boards” but this is one of her best. The sources are great and I love the midcentury-style, well priced rocker from Urban Outfitters ($288!). Click on over, because she has the links to all of the terrific products she shows here.
3. Not that anything is wrong with the round Moroccan pouf, but sometimes a girl wants to see something different. The July issue of Canadian House and Home satisfied my desire for novelty by showcasing a square patchwork pouf. Super cute and it strikes the perfect chord for a weekend country getaway place!
I couldn’t find the poufs online at the source (Augustina) that the magazine noted, but at least 2 colors are available online at Chasing Fireflies. Wish I had somewhere to put one.
4. Fashionista reports on a darling necklace available at one of my favorite boutiques, Tauk, in Montauk. They come in several colors. Click over to see more than these 2 and to learn about the DYI/blogger designer. Super cute for the beach! And is it tacky if I link to myself? I did a recent post on the home goods available at Tauk.
5. For you crazy, darling weekend warriors. I am soooo not handy, but this striped hammer from Alice Supply Co. makes me want my own tool box. And it comes with a box of colored nails. Cool. I also suck at gardening (yes I know, my sons, that I forbid this word, but in this case, it is perfectly descriptive of my abilities). Yet, these garden tools, done up in William Morris patterns, truly make me want to get my fingernails dirty. I found them via Daniella Blogs.
6. And last but definitely not least, the cool Australian design blog, Table Tonic tells us how to get the uber chic look of this black and white rug on the cheap, plus lots more inspiring photos of the look. Thanks for having me on your blog roll. Mine is in development! 🙂 ! Happy Weekend!