By Lynn Byrne. I didn’t make it to the High Point Market this spring. Loyal readers know that my hands have been more than full with family issues. (Curious? Check the – very few- posts from January 2011.)
But, I got a GREAT report on the trends spotted there and I am going to share it all with you. Some of them, I have touched upon already, but others are new to Decor Arts Now.
Without further ado, here are the top trends and how to follow them (to see a collage in a larger format, just click on it):
To see one of the best midcentury interiors ever, click here.
* The “global” movement is still going strong, as is the trend favoring all things from India. (I have to get that elephant lamp for my office!) You can read more about that here and here. And don’t miss that flame stitch on the chaise—I have been talking up that pattern up for a while now.
* Green is at least as popular a hue as Pantone’s color pink. Click here for more. Mirroring the fashion runways, saturated colors also are “in.”
Next photo from sweet home decorating
* All is true with the red, white and blue! Look for an “American” theme in home furnishings. Think Ralph Lauren and the horsey set. Diamond Baratta are great at this look too.
Photo above from the daily-steampunk blog
* Nature is always in style. Click here for more.
* Last but not at all least, neoclassical forms (think acanthus leaves and that greek key) and gold (as opposed to silver) are back.
So pick your favorite trend and freshen up for spring!
Collage photos from High Point Market Authority. All other photos are linked to their sources.